Once again, I present the monthly mix tape. A labor of love and my gift to you, dear anonymous internet user.
July provided a varied selection of material, including new stuff from old favorites Sebadoh and The Sea and Cake, as well as some Olympic tie-ins with the Chemical Brothers’ “Theme For Velodrome” and the Arctic Monkeys covering The Beatles at the opening ceremonies. It’s bookended by Jason Lytle and also features a great new single from Tamaryn. Hope you enjoy!
Listen to previous monthly mix tapes here, and check back as I’ll be assembling a mix tape of classic new wave deep cuts very soon.
old waver july 2012 mix tape (78MB file)
old waver july 2012 mix tape
- Tomorrow Started (Talk Talk cover) – Jason Lytle [00:00]
- Harps – The Sea and Cake [05:36]
- Close – Sun Airway [09:32]
- True Thrush – Dan Deacon [13:25]
- Lightweight Eyes – Future Unlimited [18:07]
- Theme For Velodrome – Chemical Brothers [22:40]
- Take Me Back Home – Soulsavers feat. David Gahan [25:47]
- Octopus – Bloc Party [29:50]
- She Owns The Streets – The Raveonettes [32:54]
- Sleep Alone – Two Door Cinema Club [35:48]
- Cotton Flower – Future Islands [39:25]
- Elephant – Tame Impala [43:10]
- I’m Gone – Tamaryn [46:40]
- Come Together (The Beatles cover) – Arctic Monkeys [51:09]
- My Drugs – Sebadoh [54:18]
- Beautiful Son – Peaking Lights [58:18]
- Dept. Of Disappearance – Jason Lytle [64:44]