I’ll readily admit, my dedication to the ol’ blog suffered during the holidays. It’s certainly not a reflection on you, dear reader, rather a commentary on my work ethic when unbridled by proper structure. Regardless, the December mix tape — while somewhat light — is still an impressive and enjoyable selection of tunes.
Things get cracking right out of the gate with the intense Trent Reznor/Karen O version of “Immigrant Song” from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo soundtrack, and keep rolling with terrific new material from Sleigh Bells, Miike Snow and Air. The Andrew Weatherall and UNKLE remixes sandwiched in the middle are pretty epic, and we wrap it up with a holiday instrumental from Johnny Marr paired with the best song of all time from his old band — as voted by you.
Check out the rest of the 2011 mix tapes here… hope you’ll ring in the new year with the December edition below.
old waver december 2011 mix tape (62MB file)
- Immigrant Song (feat. Karen O) —Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
- Born to Lose — Sleigh Bells
- Devil’s Work — Miike Snow
- Seven Stars (feat. Victoria Legrand) — Air
- The Night — School of Seven Bells
- Amazing and Wonderful — Peaking Lights
- Sun God (Andrew Weatherall Remix) — Cut Copy
- AKA… What a Life! (UNKLE Rework) — Noel Gallagher
- Met Before — Chairlift
- Into the Trees — Still Corners
- Free Christmas — Johnny Marr & The Healers
- There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (take 1 early lyric) — The Smiths
spotify version (without the fancy crossfades):